About Me

My photo
This is a blog about us and the adventures we travel through. We hope that you are able to enjoy and in some way find yourself going along this adventure with us.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life

One of our teammates. He has been such a wonderful part of our family since we've been here. He's the one who we do 3 on a bike with...good times and lots of laughs.

Here is where we go swimming...it's a nice break. One of my greatest loves is the mountains which makes my heart so happy to see everyday. If you look hard you can see them in the back.
Getting ready to try our our helments..I look like crazy duface with a helmet on. Oh well!

Hey friends,
Good times, good times are happening in the neighborhood. We are still trying to get all of the good for our home. I am reminded daily that everything is a process here in India! I called our internet company for 2 weeks trying to get someone to hook it up; each time they said, "madame, in one hour," or "madame, they are coming," or "madame, there is problem, but I cannot tell you the problem" and 2 weeks later after me begging and pleading and being extremely firm someone showed up! It is times like these where I want to go through the phone line and ring the guys neck on the other line, but good thing Jesus loves all of His people because sometimes it is just hard. We are starting to figure out our schedule and national partners we can work with. We are leaving in about 2 weeks to head to east India for about a week to shoot some video and to see what ministry looks like there. We are really excited; I am starting to get a little stir crazy. We have been back through the sick cycle with Nick and my faith/patience has been tested like never before. Having a sick husband, especially with our job is so incredibly hard for me. I looked all over our city for medicine and it doesn't exist here so I was in a state of frustration and I just can only praise God for the wonderful advice from teammates and family. But, Jesus is good and faithful because we have been doing all that we can at home for Nick and praying a lot and he has started to get his appetite back and his nausea is starting to decrease daily. Please pray that his health would be completely restored. I praise God for His faithfulness still. We have been hanging out with our teammates a lot since they have been home for a bit but heading out soon. We have been riding 3 on a motorcycle WITH HELMETS! I will say that this allows no room for our head to move and there are a lot of people who look at us and laugh. It is pretty hilarious. We are hopefully getting our motorcycle this week; Nick drove one for the first time today and he is a PRO..thank you Jesus. Transportation is much needed here, haha! We are very thankful for this.

2 comments:

carlamiles1540 said...

I am so glad that Nick is feeling better Emily... we continue to pray for both of you.Please be safe on your motorcycle. OK. I know you are getting excited for your trip on the border. The pool you swim in looks awesome.
Love you both,
Grandma Carla :)

Callie said...

Hey there pretty lady! You have no idea how good it was to get to read about your adventures again! Being without internet stinks! Your new flat is beautiful, especially the kitchen! I hope to see pictures of you guys 3-on-a-bike soon. That'll be a good on e for some laughs :) I'm so glad you're doing well and I'm praying for Nick and his health. I miss you guys a ton but I know that you'll be back soon enough and in the mean time I'll get to keep reading about all the amazing things God is doing in and through you guys. Love you so much!!!
Callie
PS Still need your address!!!