Above: Many people make their pilgramage to this city; these people above are from South India and came here for the river.
This city is famous for its silk...silk saris. Very beautiful.
I am fanatically enchanted with the architecture of this city. I could look at it all the day long.
Our boatman...he did a great job!
Below: the Ganges River has all of these "ghats" that start at the bank. Each ghat has a historical emphasis, and this ghat is just one of the many.

Hello friends,

I am fanatically enchanted with the architecture of this city. I could look at it all the day long.
Our boatman...he did a great job!
Below: the Ganges River has all of these "ghats" that start at the bank. Each ghat has a historical emphasis, and this ghat is just one of the many.
Hello friends,
Life on this side of the world has been treating us well. Our time here in language school is flying by; we are truly enjoying this city. I do not think that we could have been placed in any better city to learn Hindi, explore the culture, and to see these belief systems at their roots. God has allowed us to see some pretty incredible things in this city; things that I hope never escape my heart or my conscious. We took another boat ride down the Ganges River with our language teacher and was able to capture some more "everyday life at the river" things. Language is going well; the Lord has really allowed the one story that I memorized from the Word in Hindi to go a long way with the lady that I talk to on my language route. She has asked me to tell her that story, including today for a total of 5 times. She asked me to tell her son , and as I forgot some sentences she was filling them in for me!!! Today, after I finished telling her the story again she told me that this story makes her feel good. She is a very comical lady; she said to me today, "you know, tell me a story that starts with , "one day,...jesus...you know, one of those" She also requested of me to learn a new one. Her son told Nick to learn one also. It is their faces who are permanently written on my heart. The other day she told me that she gives to me much love and that we are family now, haha. It is also getting increasingly hot here. I keep telling myself, "do not complain...because it is just going to get hotter." Props to the family that lives below us because they are tolerant of some mega heat and we are up here crankin' the AC before we go to bed. As another person in the city told me, "it gets to a certain point to where it feels like a hot blow drier is blowing in your face as you walk down the street"...I just experienced that feeling the other day. The monkeys have been treating us well; we really appreciate all of the inquiries about the monkeys, haha!

2 comments:
LOVE the story update. I'm lifting up those relationships during your time left in that city. I miss you guys! Much love.
Sounds fantastic, Em! Loved reading about your language developments! I continue to pray that God will make your memory sharp and able to retain much information that you are learning, and in a short time. One question, are this lady of whom you speak and her son a Christians? In any case, I love you!!! Congats again on your anniversary! ;)
Post a Comment