My beautiful mom and sister.
Trying to orchestrate family pictures. It's always a circus.
Trouble.
Jackson and Madison, his older sister. She is officially mother hen.
This is Jackson. The newest addition. My sister had him in December so this was the first time we saw Jackson and Gavin. Crazy.
Me, Nick, Gavin, and Maddox which is my sister's 2nd. He's a spit fire. But super lovey dovey.
Me and Gwyn. My brother's oldest. She's in a league all of her own. She's something else.
Nick and Gavin. My brother's youngest. He's a big ball of lovin'
March was one great month; we spent most of it traveling. We were able to make a short trip home to the States to see our family. It was so wonderful; we needed some family refreshment time. It's amazing what a year without touching, seeing your family can do to your heart. To fly from India and then looking out the window and seeing "empty fields.....empty streets...." what???? it was so great. My family was more beautiful than ever. My entire family met us at the airport. Surprise!! All of those nieces and nephews....whew. I have never felt like that; the Lord is so good. I cannot believe how much the Lord has blessed me with the family I have. Between Nick's family and mine......they are amazing. I spent most of the first week holding my little ones, two of whom I have not seen at all. Madison, my oldest just makes me cry by thinking about her. She slept in my bed and it was so good to hold her and rock babies to sleep and just live life with my family.
I was nervous to go home. What if I got there and didn't want to leave? What is life back in Missouri like? Just a lot of apprehensions. I assure you that God relieved each one. Of course I struggle saying goodbye to family each time, but the Lord overwhelmed my heart with a peace as I stepped back on the plane to come back to India. I do not like saying goodbye to family, but with our job we have to.
I EASILY gained a good 5 lbs when I went home. I assume that is what happens when your mom takes you to Andys to get thin mint custard.........no words to describe the greatness of Andy's custard. Eating steak with Nick's family, going to Hemingways to eat that awesome buffet with my parents. My mom's world famous reuben sandwiches... (I have to stop now...)
Going to walmart at midnight just to wander the isles...so much to look at. I never realized how many brands of one thing exist; it's a little over-complicated I think.
I was able to spend a lot of great time with my mom and dad. I of course went out on the town with my mom. One of my favorite things to do with my mom is to sit and drink coffee and talk. We played a new hunting game we bought for my dad on the Wii. I have a crazy father to say the least, but I sure do love him a lot. We went and shot bows with my dad, drove the mule, and at at Sonic. I felt like a little girl again, going with my dad to run errands just like I used to. My sister and brother, along with their families came and spent the weekend with us. I have the best siblings. They are awesome; it might have taken us a good 20 years to agree on something and not fight like crazy....but we made it. I love them so much along with their babies.
The Lord provided perfect timing with our friends and families. Time is always fast and short, but I know that the Lord stretched that time tremendously.

1 comment:
LOVE THE BLOG!!! We really enjoyed the time with you gus; didn't want to see you go back! :-(
Lance
Post a Comment