About Me

My photo
This is a blog about us and the adventures we travel through. We hope that you are able to enjoy and in some way find yourself going along this adventure with us.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Everest pictures!

This is the view from our bedroom in Namche Bazaar. Sir Edmund Hillary did a lot of work here; it was a great place to stay. It is the last place to buy supplies, decent food, etc. as you keep hiking higher; it gets pretty desolate once you pass Namche.
OKay. This dog is hilarious. We hiked to a place called Namche Bazaar and stayed there for 2 days in order to acclimate. The lodge we stayed at had this dog with an amazing underbite! I loved it.
This is the main river that we hiked along. I have never seen water like this; it is glacier water and it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!!
I wouldn't pick any other person in the world to do this trek; he was so awesome on this trip!
This kid was awesome. I started to take a picture and he made this face....so i left quick!
So we landed and started hiking. This is what a typical village looked like up there that we would hike through. It was so clean and nice.
The view from the window in the helicopter.
And my husband being my husband. He was quite excited to wear the headset. I love him.
We rode up with 2 other guys. It was an experience to say the least!
So, our flight kept getting cancelled & we ended up taking a helicopter up to the mountain b/c it was the only thing that would make it through the weather...hm..well, I am alive to tell about it. It certainly kicked off the adventure!
Cards and phase 10! I can't even tell you how much we played cards at night....wow.
Here we are at the start of of our trip! We were so pumped to start the trip that we could barely stand it!!
We trekked the the base camp of Mt. Everest. We were up there for 2 weeks and here are our pictures! I will explain along the way.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Awesome pictures, thank you for sharing them with us. You both look great! Take care, you are in our prayers.
Love,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Emily your beautiful and Nick soooo handsome!
Take care and your ALWAYS in our thoughts and prayers.
Mom and Dad