About Me

My photo
This is a blog about us and the adventures we travel through. We hope that you are able to enjoy and in some way find yourself going along this adventure with us.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

So, we have again returned from a trip, but this trip was from a retreat with everybody who we work with. It was so wonderful; a time to be encouraged and to encourage others. A time to laugh with others who have so many of the same struggles with living here in South Asia. A time to laugh with others who share many of the same ironic days that we have here. A church came from the States and hosted the meeting for us. They provided childcare, teaching, worship....wow. Amazing servants from the Lord they were. We are so thankful that the Lord allowed us to be there. We all had wonderful hotel rooms!!! It was just crazy awesome. The pastor taught on Phillip.4....wow. It surprised me and Nick that how after being on the field for 5 months...how desperately we needed this. To sit down and be taught in our heart language...to sing praise to God corporately in our own language. To be around friends who we can tell funny stories and it actually communicates because it is in our heart language. It was just a really, really needed break. I was able to attend a Tea time for ladies...especially because I LOVE tea!!!! Wow, what good it did for my heart. I was able to listen to ladies who are new moms on the field, who have been on the field for 20+ years, and the list goes on...but to hear of their struggles and how the Lord has brought them through. They talked about how important it was to be able to find a "retreat" time in your own home. Does that mean going and getting your hair/nails done? Does this mean shutting down your house for a bit and taking time to yourself? It is these things that I am finding vital for the longevity of our endurance to stay here. Because some days..it is just really, really hard. Yet, like I have heard so many say that work with us, "it is those days when you want to pack your bags and head home....it all goes back to your calling." And I truly stand firm in this statement. This has been true for me; though most of my time here has truly been wonderful, amazing, and just truly lovely...those hard emotions can hit me like a rock every now and then. I can stand here in say in true honesty that God is so good and faithful; and He truly does command my destiny. This is where He has called us in this season of our lives so this is where we desire to be. I just wanted to share with you some things that I personally took away and really am dwelling on from our team retreat. thanks for stopping by and checking in. Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! Spoken from the heart. I love how you just speak the truth, and the Lord will Bless you and Nick for you obedience. Love you both. Mom

carlamiles1540 said...

Hi Emily and Nick,
I love your messages on your blog... God is truly blessing you Emily and guiding you as well. I love you hon and your faithfulness to our Lord. You are so loved and I am SO PROUD of you.

Grandma Carla

Penny Peck said...

Hi Nick and Emily - this is Penny - Courtney's Mom. So neat to read your blogs and be reminded that God is so powerful! You must be surrounded by a lost and dying nation. Unfortunately, so am I! My church, The Bridge, is doing a really neat VBS this year - Joseph from Prison to Palace. As a teacher, I will have a family of kids from K-4th. We will learn a lesson each day, go hear Joseph give his testimony, sing songs, go to the Marketplace where the kids are told that the vendors believe in many gods and the kids are to invite them to hear about the one true God, then we will go to Pharoah's Playground (recreation). It is really cool how the kids are being cencouraged to witness. They are asked each night to come back the next day to share a God sighting. My God sighting today is reading your blog. Much prayers. I know you want to be in two places at once!