
I have been trying to Home-ify my house more. This is my own space in our bedroom. My desk with my books, etc. I put my pictures up of my family, mainly my neices and nephew. I think about them constantly and I love to look at their faces. It brings comfort to my heart. We are in the process of hanging curtains and pictures up around the house. Soon...so soon I am hoping it to be finished.

This is what my down time looks like. I am constantly trying to catch up on laundry; and it take so long to dry here due to the humidity so it is never actually, DONE...drives me crazy sometimes. Well, it doesn't bother me all too much obviously!

And Nick got a hair cut too. We were just full...full of joy. We had an awesome room, soft sheets, clean sheets, etc.

So, we went to a team retreat. I decided to let my hair down and go a little crazy, j/k! This is the first time I have used hair spray, etc. ANYTHING on my hair since I left america and this is what happened, !!!


Our teammate teaching at a training.

I just really liked his hat.


Nick joked and said, "let's take a picture in case we don't make it to tomorrow"...we were a little creeped out by this place, haha! God is good and provided a shelter with food. What more can we really ask for.

So, long story short. We got stuck in a city due to a city-wide strike. No passports, etc. which are necessary in order to get a hotel room. Praise the Lord for national partners. So, some catholic center ended up taking us in and gave us some food and a room. So, at this point we were tired and I was a little frightened in the room. It was super old and creeky...hm. So, looking back it wasn't bad at all, but there and then it seemed as though it might be our last night to survive, haha.

First hanging bridge we saw.



Yes, you see this as it is. The punishment given here is the biting of the arm. Maybe I should be taking notes and incorporate this when I go back to america....just kidding.

As I have commented before, I love the size of people in the mountains.


Doing dishes time.

Always having fun it seems.

Hiking it to the next place; with a 75 yr. old man leading us.

Traditional meal in the hills. Rice, daal (soupy stuff in the glass which you pour over the rice, and egg/potatoe curry mix. good stuff usually.

Typical part of a meal. They are called "poppers." Kind of taste like chips. We enjoy them a lot. I use them to scoop my rice up with sometimes.


Sanjay picked out all of these different, very random places where he thought we would look good in a picture. Quite funny.

My love.

Sanjay, we work with him in the hills. He is hilarious.

another site of idol worship built into the mountain side, by the waterfall.

Our team on an old british bridge. It is really awesome to see all of the history of the british rule here.

Monsoon season here and the landslides are happening like crazy.

I have allowed pictures to fester on my computer so I am releasing them to the public! We have been out but this week has been spent re-cooping at home. So, I hope you enjoy the snip-its of our journeys lately.
3 comments:
Hi Emily and Nick,
Love your notes and pictures...they are something else. You are so cute Emily. Love Nick's haircut.
We are fine. Really hot here in Atlanta, GA too !!!
love,
Grandma Carla and Bob
Hi Nick and Emily,
So good to see you both! The pictures as well as your stories are always amazing.
Love,
Brooke
Love it! Love it! Love it! It makes me want to come there sooooo bad! I just got home from Guatemala like 3 hours ago and I already want to go back :) I know what you mean about laundry though! It seemed like every time we'd start to go get it off the line it started pouring that instant....and if we were lucky enough to get it before the rain, it was usually still damp.
Again, great to hear from you! Love you!!!!!!
Post a Comment