
The day is done! I look forward to sitting down at this point with Nick and making tea, talking, and just doing nothing. Maybe it's just the part of my day where my brain can rest and not decipher Hindi words/sentences and try to cross traffic without getting nailed by a bike/auto/rickshaw. It's always an adventure in this country, and I can now honestly say that I would not rather it any other way.

Our first dinner in India..with us being the cooks. We do not have pots/pans, utensils, etc. yet so we opted for fruit and peanut butter, it was really good!


My husband getting the water clean. Everything is such a process and gives us reasons to blog. I'm sure it will become old relatively soon, so I am trying to blog about all of the first time things soon! Like cleaning fruits, veggies, etc.

Of course, we have to soak most of our fruit for about 15 mins. to clean them. The little pink specs you see is the cleaner crystals (potassium permagranete). Good stuff.

My fruit purchases. I love it!!!

I was super excited to walk home with a bag full of fruit for a little less that $4. I love to shop here! It's like the ultimate farmers' market on every street corner! Oh, and the stuff that is in the pink bag is milk. It's not quite what I asked for but I took what I could get. It's 3 %! So, we don't plan to drink it unless it is mixed with something..

I am learning more and more everyday that it is the small victories that give me motivation to keep reaching for bigger ones, haha. For example, Nick and I went to some fruit stands close to our flat to buy groceries. I got to use the Hindi that I've learned and they actually understood the words that came from my mouth! It was a victory for sure!!

From our balcony on the 2nd floor we can see the neighbor dog lounging. It still catches me off guard when I see a well groomed and healthy looking dog in this country. Most dogs have mange, a missing eye, or blood coming from it somehow. They are not very appealing for sure.

Here is our dining room.

Above: Our kitchen in the language flat we are staying in. Crazy big to us, so wonderful. We are very thankful for the space & accomodations we have.

Above: We are starting another day. Some other girls that live in the same city we are studying language in showed us around the city. It was a really good outing. They were super helpful.

And language personal study time starts. I really do enjoy learning this language. Today anyways.

Love this. Gotta do it the Ray style.

We attended a roof top concert where tradition "bhajans" were performed. They were traditional hindi worship songs but were written for believers of Jesus Christ. Pretty cool stuff. We had the chance to go with our language teacher, great experience.


I love the bright colors the women wear here. And they keep their kids bundled up with big sweaters, it is crazy!

Here are some pictures I took from my window at the different stops we came to.

Train time.

We are now in a new city learning language. We will be here for 2 months and we are pretty excited about it. We took train ride here, about 12 hrs. west from our home city. Good times I must say; our train departed and arrived at the correct time. We are staying in a flat that is wonderful! New geezers, a washer, drying racks, gas cylinder for cooking...just great! The Lord is so good to us! He has also blessed us with great people to work with here! We had our first language lesson the first day we were here with our teacher. I think he will be a good tutor for us; Nick and I are having our class together with him which I think is a blessing also. We have learned a lot from him. He is actually from the Brahmin caste, the highest and has become a believer. He shared his testimony with us the other day and it is truly amazing. It is amazing to see how the Lord is working in this part of the world and how He allows us to be a part of it, not needing us by any means.
4 comments:
We are thoroughly enjoying the glimpses into India that you share!
Glad you are seeing your language skills already paying off too, that must be very exciting!
Love,
Brooke & family
Glad to have you guys in our city! :)
Oh wow Em! I think this is my favorite post so far...although the nose ring is in the running ;) This is like the REAL India that I want to experience some day! Glad to hear that you're settled and happy :) Love you guys!!!! Tell Nick hello for me. How can I pray this week? Oh! and will you facebook me your address? Thanks! Love & Prayers!!!
Callie
You guys r great!
Post a Comment