My niece, Madison, made this for me. It says, " Fav Aunt Narney" (Narney is what all of my nieces/nephew call me..none of us know why or where they came up with it). So, Lindsey, you can tell Madison that her jewelry making business has made it international!

Hello to all,
Tomorrow is the big day; we are flying to the other side for a while. We are very glad to be at this point. I can't even explain how good out time at home has been: holidays, family meals, board games, card games, apple cider, home-cooking, family breakfasts, lots of laughs, playing horsey & castle & dress-up & holding nieces and a nephew in the big recliner. I have had some of the best conversations with my sister and brother. God has just been so incredible to magnify my time I have had with family (Emily). Yet, as good as our time has been here with our family the final goodbye was incredibly hard. I thought that being married and such that saying goodbye to parents, brothers and sisters ,etc. might make it a bit easier but to be honest I still felt like a little girl leaving home. Through a magnitude of tears, hyperventilating, and really asking myself why I am doing this the Lord continually reminded me: "we go because we love and because we have been loved." As hard as it is to say goodbye to family and friends, I would not trade it; to have a family that supports us and the work the Lord has called us to. We continually pray peace and comfort over our families. I know the Lord will confirm, love, and teach our families. I have been reading through Psalm and a verse that the Lord has impressed upon my heart is Ps.3:5 "I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the Lord sustains me." I know that days are coming where my salvation has to be enough because nothing else feels sufficient. To know that my marriage is not my fill-all, my family is not my fill-all, only my God and the grace He alone provides is sufficient. We are SOOO excited to get to the field and explore this opportunity the Lord has given to us. We are excited to see how He moves in India, how He moves in our families back home, and how He is reaching the nation of India. I have to often remember that He is already doing what He wants over there...not just because I am going is He moving, but He is already doing it. We are just blessed to be apart of His work.
We hope you keep reading and commenting on our blog because you are apart of this journey too! Thank you for taking the time to catch up on us!
Nick & Em

5 comments:
Oh, we love you guys! we'll be lifting you up. Can't believe the time is here.
We're with you in saying the hard good-byes...they are super hard. But, we are looking forward to saying hello again to you guys! can't wait! happy travels!
love you!!!
Great post, Emily. We are lifting you guys up and hope you sleep well on your flights tomorrow! :)
Goodbye Emily and Nick,
May our God watch over you and keep you safe.
We so enjoy your blog.
We will pray everyday for you both.
Love you,
Grandma Carla and Bob
Hi Emily and Nick,
I have been praying for both you and your families as you transition to India. Hope your travels are all safe. What beautiful messengers of God's love you and Nick will be to the people of India. Please keep us posted on your adventures!
Love and prayers,
Brooke
Ahww, Em!!! I love you soooooo much!!!! You are going to be incredible funnels of God's love for the people of India. You and Nick are in my prayers daily. I can't wait to hear the stories of God's love being carried through you to the people you will encounter. I hope your flights all went well today and I anticipate your first report from location.
मसीह में प्यार
Callie
Post a Comment