Hello friends,
It has been quite the week. Nick and I made it through the earthquake that hit the mountains where we live. It all started on Sunday night. I was exercising and Nick was reading. I heard what I thought was thunder and then it kept getting worse! Nick jumped up and screamed, "It's an earthquake, it's an earthquake!!!" So, I ran to the bathroom (I think I confused my earthquake drill with my tornado drill. . . so thankful for a husband with way more common sense!) Nick grabbed me and huddled over me as all the power in the city went out. So. . . no power and a house rocking back and forth like nobody's business. I looked down and my floor . . . was rolling like liquid. All we could do was scream, "JESUS, HELP US!" again, and again, and again. It lasted about 20-25 seconds. By far the longest 20 seconds in my life! Our good friend who lives above us was running down and we all ran outside. About that time it all subsided. We went to our teammate's house and calmed down there. Whew,. . .madness. The epicenter was up in the mountains above us. Please pray for many of our friends who are up there who have houses that are in destructed conditions and they are having water problems. We are thankful and have gained some perspective on the value of life I should say. We were quickly reminded that life is truly like a vapor.
P.S.....Subway opened up in our city. And it's awesome.

1 comment:
So grateful and thankful you are OK. I heard about the earthquake and prayed for India, I didn't know where you lived. Thank You Jesus that you are OK. God is Good !
Love you, Grandma Carla and Bob
Post a Comment