About Me

My photo
This is a blog about us and the adventures we travel through. We hope that you are able to enjoy and in some way find yourself going along this adventure with us.

Friday, September 17, 2010

we're still here


But...we did find this marker/border in a riverbed and it just had to be sufficient. It was a pretty great moment for us. We beat the system..sort of.
we traveled to the Bhutan border. Maybe someday we can go in, haha! It is so expensive. For a foreigner it is $200 per day. Crazy huh? This isn't necessarily in our budget these days.
Above: These are 3 travelers that came from a bordering country that is pretty restricted. You can see their traditional dress (the 2 on the left)..it is very beautiful. we are praying that they carry the word & the training with them to their homes.
Above: This is Chundrah, our traveling partner, haha. We are starting to work with him. He lives very close to us and we went with him to teach. He is so wonderful; a man who genuinely has joy of the Lord. Always laughs and smiles & truly has a heart for the Lord. We are excited to see what the Lord does through him.

Below: We travelled to a new place to teach. It was a fantastic place. This is really the first time we have gone out on our own to teach on our own. the Lord definitely blessed out time there. We are praying for them to be fruitful laborers in the harvest.

Hey friends,
We are still here, haha! We've been out of touch with the blogging/FB world for the past month or so. Life has been a big ball of rapid chaos it seems. We came from Nepal, to Calcutta, to another border country, and on a train to teach. So, now that we are home for a bit I am getting a chance to catch up; or should I say I have enough time to where I actually desire to do this. It's pretty easy for me at times to get overwhelmed here with life and concerns, but I am learning to BE STILL & KNOW THAT HE IS GOD. That has been the dominant, reoccurring theme in my life this past month. The Lord has stretched the trust & faith in my relationship with Him and in our marriage. It has been a hard past month, but a hard past month that has taught me how to still rejoice and glorify the Lord in our sufferings. It has been a month of birthdays from home I've missed, a month of one of my best friends getting married, etc. These circumstances make it hard to be here sometimes. It is hard to not get overwhelmed with how many things we are missing back home & the trapped feeling of not having the ability to be there for these things. It's so hard for me as an aunt...that's the only way I can put it. I miss so badly holding Madison, even though she is way too big to be rocked,haha, I miss doing that. I miss drinking coffee with my mom & dad, I miss game nights with Nick's family & long talks with them. Even though these are all legitimate things to long for; I have learned how they urge me to dwell in my pity...leading to my doubting and picking away from my call...and ultimately resenting God for asking me to come. Who am I to do this? He is good, He is faithful, His love is unconditional, He never sleeps nor slumbers, I am His child, He sustains me....He promised to be faithful. These are promises that I have had to cling to this past month. I've learned to constantly ask for perspective. A great couple filled with wisdom told us this past month, "God gives us struggles & trials for purposes, don't waste them." He explained to me that it's okay to feel confused as to why these things happen, but to not waste them. There are too many blessings & levels of trust in the Lord to be gained in these times. We have most definitely clung to that statement also. So, if you have not already picked up that this past month has been a month of trials, struggles, & learning. And it proves itself over and over that the Lord is faithful as I sit here and write about these things & how the Lord has brought us out of the confusing storms. He has wiped my tears. He has grown my love for my family. He has given me perspective. He has rejuvinated me in calling...Habakkuk 2:14...Rev.7:9, Matt 28, ....these are verses that I am constantly teaching here, but I had to remember this for myself & did not realize how much I had fallen away from these truths.

6 comments:

carlamiles1540 said...

My Emily and Nick how you touch my heart on each of your blogs...yes, we have all had our struggles, trials and tribulations but with God we have overcome !!! Without God we are nothing. Right ?
God is always teaching and guiding us daily and I pray for you both daily too.

With Love and Prayers,
Grandma Carla

Brooke said...

Hi Emily and Nick,
I like the new look of your blog. Your faith is growing each day you are there and it is an inspiration to others. To me. We have your picture on our fridge so we won't forget to pray for you.
Love,
Brooke

Lindsey said...

Hey Sister,
I know this has been a hard month for you both as it has been for us too. Your blogs are always so real and inspirational. You speak it... just as it is and I love you for that. I know that with each passing day, we are just that much closer to seeing you both. Just know that the seeds that you are planting will turn into an amazing harvest and it will all be worth all your efforts that you have put forth. Stay strong, we love you. -Lin

Bran said...

Hey friend! Love your update, how genuine you are and what all is going on. We miss you as always and love you much!

Callie said...

Hey Em! So good to hear from you again even in rough times. You and Nick are ever in my prayers. I love you both to pieces and I'm proud of you guys!! Love you!!

Callie said...

oh and I love the new layout of your page ;)