About Me

My photo
This is a blog about us and the adventures we travel through. We hope that you are able to enjoy and in some way find yourself going along this adventure with us.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

What have we been up to?

And more.
The day after we came home we left early the next morning to venture out into the other side of the mountains..closer to home. We went to a lake/park and it was as if the entire was filled with dozens of sleeping dogs. It was very comical.
Oh pete...how great his poses are.



Making memories with our wonderful teammate Pete!
We passed this old hanging bridge...hm..i'll pass.

It was so pretty here.
Above: While in the mountains we took a team bike ride I guess you could say . We all drove down the river, it was wonderful! These are our teammates on their bikes in front of us.

Nick found these. I thought they would be similar to Pringles...but not so much. These specifically taste like..meat! It's weird. He likes them so I guess that's all that counts.
Nick eats these about everyday. So, thank you Mom for sending Ramen noodles!!! These come with masala seasoning which isn't Nick's favorite. Therefore he has to cook them with chicken bouillon cubes.
I love these new crackers I have found...super tasty.
Above: at this point, I did not have much to post so I posted the new things that are in our lives..different food we have found at stores and our new pillow covers...(exciting stuff huh?)
Hello dear friends,
I hope that this day finds you on a good note, yet most of you are probably still sleeping as I write this. We have been here and there since I last wrote to you. Nick returned from his trip safely. He had a great, productive trip. We have mostly been at home trying to finish up a media project for our team, and this weekend we leave to go to Nepal for a few weeks. We are going to work on some projects there for other teammates and it will also be a good time away from India that we need. On some level, the heat has been getting to me lately. Monsoon seems to be tapering and the heat is pounding during the day. We went into the mountains to visit some friends/teammates for a fellowship and also to take some time out of the plains. Wow...it was wonderful and I didn't realize how much I needed it. A time to be able to sit down and talk with other without sweat dripping off my face and seeping into the backside of my clothes. This was also our first actual time up into the mountains on the bike. It was absolutely fantastic. No wrecks, etc...just great driving by my great husband. We stayed at a teammate's house and we really enjoyed it. The Lord really allowed us time (me and nick) to talk about our ministry and to clear our heads and regain our focus. It is so easy to get off-track here in the everyday life and just trying to get by some days. I had to come back around to where Nick and I were in the ministry together and where we needed to go from there. Needless to say, the Lord really used out time away to help us evaluate where we were at.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Nepal!
Love,
Brooke

carlamiles1540 said...

Hi guys,
We so enjoy your blog... I am happy that your get away trip was helpful for you to focus on your ministry. Isn't that just like our Lord? He understands what we need at ALL times.
You both look good, Emily you are a beautiful young woman.
Love you both,
Grandma Carla and Bob God Bless!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you guys look great and I love the pic's and post. You both make me proud!
Love from home,
Mom